COSMETOLOGY PROGRAM FOR ASPIRING COSMETOLOGISTS
At Southern California College of Barber & Beauty, we present an exhilarating and extensive cosmetology program that goes beyond the technical elements and encompasses the professional aspects of the field. Our cosmetology program is designed to provide a balanced curriculum that includes both theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on training.
- Hair Dressing: Hairstyling, Waving and Chemical Straightening, Hair Coloring and Bleaching, Hair Cutting.
- Esthetics: Manual, Chemical, and Electrical, Facials, Eyebrow Beautification and Make-up.
- Manicuring: Manicuring and Pedicuring, Artificial Nails and Wraps.
- Technical Instruction in Health and Safety: Laws and Regulations, Health and Safety Considerations, Disinfection and Sanitation, Physiology and Anatomy.
We also provide three specialties: Haircutting techniques, Hair color and Hair treatments.
Schedule your cosmetology program consultation with us today! Click here to get started.
Southern California College of Barber and Beauty Difference
- Accreditation to allow for licensure after graduation – Approved By Naccas acrredited ageny.
- High Graduation Rates.
- A Strong Career – assistance program – Our educators and founders have a network of barbershops and salons that is used as a referral system to employ recent graduates.
- Job Security – In terms of job security, barbers and beauty professionals are guaranteed a job for life! Keep up your training and education, stay up to speed with trends and grow your network, and you’ll never be short of work.
- Education Approach – We offer a distinctive and comprehensive educational approach that facilitates a smooth transition for students from traditional classroom learning to practical hands-on experience with real clients. Our campus welcomes the public, providing students with the opportunity to apply their skills in a real-world setting.
- Educators – Our team of educators at Southern California College of Barber & Beauty is meticulously selected to guarantee a staff comprised of fully licensed and highly experienced professionals. They possess the expertise to deliver comprehensive academic and practical instruction. Moreover, they serve as enthusiastic mentors who inspire and nurture the inner creativity of our students.
Learn More Here.
How long does cosmetology school take?
The Board of Barbering and Cosmetology requires 1200 hours in order to qualify to take the California Cosmetology State Board license. Here at Southern California College of Barber & Beauty you can finish this program in as little as 8 months! Take a look below at our chart for the full-time and part-time cosmetology program:
- Tuesday to Saturday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- 40 hours per week
- Total length of program = 8 months
- Tuesday to Saturday: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- 30 hours per week
- Total length of program = 10 months
- Tuesday to Saturday: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
- 25 hours per week
- Total length of program = 12 months
- At least 17 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or an equivalent credential, like a General Education Diploma (GED).
- ID & Social Security Card.