Southern California College of Barber and Beauty is a family owned college serving the broader San Diego area. SCC is founded by successful business owners in the industry who work very closely with barbers and cosmetologists to receive comprehensive practical training, as well as quality customer many schools throughout the San Diego area. SCC realized a desire for their recently graduated Barbers and Cosmetologists to not only receive comprehensive practical training, but as importantly, quality customer service skills and self-marketing proficiencies. SCC are firm believers that when you are armed with wide-ranging expertise in your field of study, you instantly become a commodity in which an employer would be confident in hiring. You also empower yourself with future accomplishments and upward movement in which there are no limitations to your success.
SCC holds themselves and their staff to the highest standards in order to successfully groom and empower their students to realize their full potential. Completing the program, successfully earning your California Cosmetology/Barber license, and transitioning into the work field confidently is our number one goal. Thank you for exploring Southern California College of Barber and Beauty (SCC). We look forward to you choosing SCC to prepare you for this wonderful journey into a new and flourishing career.
Why Choose Us
- Even in tough economic times, people need to get their hair cut. In terms of job security, barbers/cosmetologists are pretty much guaranteed a job for life! Keep up your training and education, stay up to speed with trends and grow your network, and you’ll never be short of work.
- The projected growth of the industry is 10% by 2024. The number of job openings is well above average.
- The haircutting industry facilitates a flexible work schedule, as most barbers and cosmetologists are self-employed.
- The haircutting industry is the third-largest in the world and has some of the top recession-proof careers. The demand for licensed professionals is much greater than the supply. In today’s media-centered culture, cosmetologists, barbers, estheticians, makeup artists, and manicurists are all achieving career success at unprecedented levels.
- The sky’s the limit when it comes to salary! When it comes to compensation, there are different pay structures ranging from independent contractors to renting your own space.
Our Educational Style
- SCC educates its students to be professional, knowledgeable, and skilled barbers and cosmetologists who will be fully prepared for the State of California licensing examination, making them highly employable.
- SCC provides a unique multifaceted teaching approach, helping students transition from a classroom setting to working hands-on with clientele. The SCC campus is open to the public.
- SCC uses a wealth of interactive, multimedia, video, and live demos and lectures to address the full range of learning styles in every lesson.
- SCC closely follows professional trends, new and upcoming products, fashion, and styles as to maintain a cutting-edge lead in the industry.
- SCC arms its students with the customer service skills and the essentials of self-marketing necessary to maximize their earning potential, and capitalize on building clientele and maintaining loyalty.
- SCC supports its students in realizing their full potential and gaining the confidence to enter the barbering or cosmetology industry without any career limitations.
Complete Kit of Professional Level Supplies
All SCC programs include a mock state board test to help you prepare for the state license examination. Our student kits include the state board kit and licensing fees, and more…
- Premium styling tools and cutting, color and styling essentials
- Digital, print and video instructional materials
- Mannequin heads
- Live models
- Live demos
- Guest barbers/stylists
- Exclusive video tutorials
- SCC educators are dedicated to assisting students in career placement for a successful transition.
- SCC educators and founders have a network of barbershops and salons that is used as a referral system to employ recent graduates.
- SCC recognizes its students’ diversity and therefore guides students through the array of employment possibilities from spas, resorts, and hotels, to beauty salons, and barber shops to customize their job search.
- SCC educators are carefully screened to ensure a staff of fully licensed and experienced professionals. Not only are they qualified to give both academic and practical instruction, they also serve as passionate mentors who bring out the inner creativity of the students.
- SCC invests in their educators to ensure that they are trained in the latest industry techniques and protocols.
- Many of SCC’s educators work in the professional industry and attend professional shows and competitions, bringing relevant expertise to their students.
Mondays 5:00PM – 10:00PM
Tuesday to Friday 8:30AM – 10:00PM
Saturdays 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Closed on Sunday
We offer full & part time classes to accommodate busy schedules.
Tuesday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.AM
Part-Time Schedule :
Tuesday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.PM
Part-Time Schedule :
Monday to Friday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.